If you live in Toronto, we bet it’s more than the provincial average of $1,505 reported by the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) or the $1,664 the province’s regulator says Ontario drivers pay. Way more. In fact, a RATESDOTCA report estimates the typical Toronto driver pays an average of $2,201 for their car insurance.
Is car insurance expensive in Toronto?
In Toronto, the average premium was $2,201 in 2020, up by 12.9% from $1,948 per year in 2018. However, T.O. residents who live outside of the downtown core or in midtown may be paying as much as $1,305 more for auto insurance per year than their fellow Torontonians.
How much is the average car insurance in Toronto?
How much is car insurance in Toronto? The average cost of car insurance in Toronto is roughly $2,000 per year, or about $170 per month.
Why is Toronto car insurance so expensive?
Toronto and the surrounding area (GTA), is densely populated, which means a lot of vehicles on the road. … The more drivers there are on the road equates to a lot more accidents and claims that occur. That alone causes car insurance quotes to rise.
Which city has lowest car insurance in Ontario?
The Cheapest Cities for Car Insurance in Ontario
Belleville, Kingston and the towns of Cobourg and Napanee were found to have the cheapest auto insurance rates, averaging $1,014 per year, a whopping 81 per cent lower than Brampton.
How can I lower my car insurance in Toronto?
How can I lower my premium rate in Ontario?
- Bundle your policies. Bundling your policies is a great way to save some money on your premium. …
- Take advantage of discounts. There are so many discounts available for car insurance policies in Ontario. …
- Adjust your payments. …
- Review your existing policy.
What is a fair price for car insurance?
The national average cost of car insurance is $1,592 per year, according to NerdWallet’s 2021 rate analysis. That works out to an average car insurance rate of about $133 per month. But that’s just for a good driver with good credit — rates vary widely depending on your history.
How can I get cheap insurance in Toronto?
- Choose the right car to keep your insurance costs down. …
- Double-check what coverage you need. …
- Shop around and get quotes. …
- Keep a good driving record. …
- Ask about discounts. …
- Consider increasing your deductible. …
- Take an accredited driving course.
How much is insurance for new drivers in Toronto?
How Much Does Insurance Cost for a New Driver in Ontario? Average insurance rates for young (16-24) new drivers in Ontario fall within the $3,000 to $7,000 range. New drivers aged above that high-risk bracket will typically pay rates that deviate less drastically from the provincial average ($1,455).
How much is a car insurance per month in Canada?
The average monthly car insurance rates in Ontario are between $125 to $158, depending on which part of the province you live in. This is the highest average car insurance rate among all provinces in Canada.
Which car has cheapest insurance in Toronto?
Cheapest cars to insure in Ontario (2018)
- Toyota Prius C Hybrid Automatic 2WD.
- Chevrolet Cruze LS Automatic 2WD. …
- KIA Sedona L Automatic AWD. …
- Nissan Versa Note S CVT 2WD. …
- Ford Focus Electric Automatic 2WD. …
- Hyundai Elantra LE Automatic 2WD. …
- Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Automatic 2WD. …
- Toyota Tundra Automatic 2WD. …
How can I lower my car insurance in Canada?
1.2 Change Your Policy
- Cancel Collision Coverage – not as necessary with older cars.
- Increase Your Deductible – the higher the deductible the lower your premiums/rates, but this will mean you have to pay more in the event of a crash.
- Minimal Coverage – only pay for what is required by Ontario law and nothing more.
Who has the highest insurance rates in Canada?
Ontario has some of the highest auto insurance rates in the country, and drivers in Brampton pay the province’s highest premiums, ringing in at an estimated average of $2,698 per year.
What city has the highest car insurance in Canada?
Cities including Toronto ($2,201), Ajax ($2,141), Pickering ($1,961), Whitby ($1,777), Hamilton ($1,755) and Oshawa ($1,636) are above the provincial average.
Share this article.
|Estimated Premium Dec. 2020||$2,698|
|Estimated Premium Dec. 2018||$2,494|
|Percentage Change||8.2 per cent|
What is the cheapest place for car insurance?
The cheapest car insurance companies
- Erie: Cheapest overall company.
- State Farm: Cheapest company after getting into an accident.
- USAA: Cheapest company for military families.
- Metromile: Cheapest company for low-mileage drivers.
- Farm Bureau Insurance: Cheapest company for those with a poor credit history.
What are the most expensive cars to insure in Ontario?
Most Expensive Cars to Insure in Ontario
- Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- Acura MDX.
- Acura RDX.
- Honda Civic.
- BMW X5.
- Porsche Cayenne.
- Acura TLX.
- Ford F-250 Super Duty.